Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reservations need for canoe

My family of 4 (husband, two boys 9 and 11) will be staying around Les Eyzies for two weeks starting July 12, where we%26#39;ve rented a house. I%26#39;m looking for things to do and have found many ideas from this forum. Thanks!





I do have a couple of questions, however. I would like to go on the Les 3 Chȃteaux canoe trip through Canoes Vallee Vezere. I don%26#39;t have time to book this trip before I go because we are leaving for Paris first. Will it be possible for us to stop by this place a couple of days prior and secure a canoe for four? I know this is the high season, so I wonder how difficult it will be to arrange this trip when we are there. Is there another canoe company that allows on-line reservations?





I%26#39;m working on tickets for Grotte du Pech-Merle; I%26#39;m waiting for the confirmation via email. Unfortunately, all tickets are sold out for Grotte de Font-de-Gaume. We were thinking of also going to Grotte de Bernifal. Any advice? Or should we look for private caves?





We have tickets to the Airbus Museum outside of Toulouse. One son is obsessed with airplanes and really wants to see the A380.





As we like to soak up the ambiance of the areas where we travel, I think we will simply visit the bastides, walk through the markets, visit the castles. I have a list compiled based on the suggestions of this site.





Thanks for any help!




|||



Hi.





You will have no problem at all getting a canoe trip with %26quot;Canoes Vallee Vezere%26quot;, or the two outfitters on the opposite side of the bridge.. There is no need to book.





Although Font de Gaume is %26quot;Fully Booked%26quot;, does not mean you will not get in, %26quot;Font de Gaume%26quot; only half the tickets get sold online, you can still purchase tickets at the cave if you are willing to sit and wait for about 3-4 hours ( from about 6.30am!!)





I can highly recommend





Roque St Christophe



Castelnaud (Weaponry Museum in the Fort)



Chateau de Commarque



Forte De Reignac





I design websites promoting the Dordogne, my latest site is the Les Eyzies Area, check the %26quot;Gallery%26quot; for a %26quot;Picture Tour of the Area%26quot; and other useful and interesting things about the area.



www.leseyzies-tourist.info





Enjoy the Vezere Valley




|||



Sir Reginald ---- I checked-out your new website -- good job. Having been to this astounding area , I share your enthusiasm and wonder why this place isn%26#39;t better known. I too , can%26#39;t help but share my thoughts on the Perigord with others although , I%26#39;m feeling a little guilty in revealing this well-kept secret. Anyway , good job.




|||



DMcD, glad you like my latest site, and that you share the fond feelings about the Vezere Region.



My parents live in Tayac,(Les Eyzies) and I have spent many happy years in the Vezere Valley, and just like yourself I love sharing certain secrets with everyone, however, I feel guilty for not sharing some of the best secrets, but as I%26#39;m sure you know, some things are best left to be discovered by the people themselves.





DMcD, if you are ever in the Vezere region, please let me know,I will gladly show you some REAL Vezere Valley.






|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 05, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment