Saturday, April 21, 2012

Calling Cards

I know this topic has been addressed many times, but I still a little confused. I would like a calling card to make a few phone calls within France in order to confirm reservations etc. and also to make a few calls to the US.





Is it more economical to buy a Costco or Sam%26#39;s International card before I leave, or to buy one in Paris once I%26#39;m there?





Thank you for your comments and any insight you may have.




|||



This question would really require a great deal of research to answer accurately as costs per call vary greatly upon whom and when you are calling.





It seems unlikely that a Costco card would be cheaper a 120 unit France telecom card but one never knows.





If you have a GSM mobile phone (AT%26amp;T or T-Mobile), one option is to use the European roaming feater offered by these companies, or purchasing a French sim for your telephone.





There are many options but one%26#39;s needs dictate the optimal solution.




|||



The easiest one for me, I%26#39;ve tried the Costco and the ones from the Tabac shops, is the one they sell at Fat Bike tours.It is around $10.00 and very simple to use. I have found that it is difficult to use calling cards in hotel rooms. I think they might do something to the phones so they can have you pay extra to make a call. I ended up going to a phone booth on the street and the card worked great. On our last trip we went had the roaming feature activated and used our cell phones. I did not look at my bill though so god only know%26#39;s how much that cost.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment