Saturday, April 21, 2012

French singers/jazz in Paris?

I will be in Paris for the month of October and would love to attend a few concerts with French singers. I have done a google search but haven%26#39;t found anything for Oct. Also, anyone know of a jazz place like Bilbouquet (is it still closed?)?




|||



These two places are not jazz but they are French singers and singing. They are both French cabarets where they have professional singers and you can sing along with them. The two places are:



Au Lapin Agile, 22 rue des Saules, behind Sacre Coeur. This is a very famous place where Picasso and his cronies used to hang out. You must have a reservation. They are open Tues-Sun 9pm-2am and I think they do 2 shows per night.





The other place is Le Canotier du Pied de la Butte, 62 bd. Rochechouart in the 18e. This is the oldest cabaret in Paris. It has the same format (as far as I can tell) and I think you need advance reservations. They have a nice website you can check out.





Also, check fnac.com for jazz concerts. (Type in Paris and click on %26quot;spectacle%26quot;).





Google %26quot;jazz clubs, Paris, France%26quot;. Paris is a hub for jazz. The American jazz greats go to Paris to perform. There%26#39;s usually someone wonderful over there. (My 21-year old son just graduated from a jazz performance college out east so I know lots of the jazz performers.) Just check out the scene.





There is also a restaurant/bar in the Place de Tertre area where a guy was playing the piano and singing when I was there last Oct. %26#39;07. The door was open so everyone on the Place could hear it. I don%26#39;t know the restaurant%26#39;s name.





You are using this forum for exactly what it is intended--specific questions. I loved your tennis question too. I hope you find someone to play with. I think it is a good idea to set it up in advance. When I took my son to Paris (he was age 15) 7 years ago he wanted to play some chess in Le Jardin du Luxembourg. He is very good but nobody knew that so they all said they had their %26quot;foursomes%26quot; and wouldn%26#39;t let him play. Finally, because he is persistent, a group let him take someone%26#39;s turn. My son won 10 games in a row and had a permanent seat whenever he wanted to play with them for the remainder of our Paris stay. I%26#39;m not saying you couldn%26#39;t find a game if you just show up--it%26#39;s just easier to have something set up in advance.





Bon chance and bon voyage!




|||



First, I guess it is bonne chance, not bon chance (dang!)(smile!--always a student of French)





www.caveaudelahuchette.fr (jazz, rock, dance)





www.caveaudesoubliettes.com (jazz concerts)





I saw these listed on another post so here they are in case you didn%26#39;t already see them.




|||



Thanks, In Love with Paris!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment