Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Help with apartment with Vacation in Paris

I can%26#39;t make up my mind regarding an apartment with Vacation in Paris. Please help me decide as I have a 5 yr old and 7 yr old and we want to see the major sights. We will be staying in Paris for 5 days. I want a quiet apartment but have good and affordable restaurants within walking distance. I didn%26#39;t want to be near the sights that we could go to as a family. The 2 choices I have narrowed it down to is:





This one is in the 8th arrondisement:



www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_109.htm





This one is in the 6th arrondisement:



www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_156.htm




|||



%26gt;%26gt;I didn%26#39;t want to be near the sights that we could go to as a family.%26lt;%26lt; What on earth do you mean by this?? :)







As for your apartments, I prefer the location and look of #156. The only think I could not see if there is an elevator in the building which the other one has.




|||



Dear Ragdoll,



I also would go for the apartment 156, mainly because it is near the Luxenberg gardens and your children will need somewhere to let off steam.



This apartment looks more spacious and child friendly.



I am not sure what you mean by %26quot;don%26#39;t wan%26#39;t to be near the sights we could go to as a family%26quot; do you mean Eurodisney? I%26#39;m sure at age 5 and 7 your children would be entranced by it. It is easy to get to from central Paris



Denise



Love from England




|||



I agree that the location of 156 is better for the convenience. But I only noticed two chairs for dining in this one, you may want to ask for them to put in a couple of extras if you are going to be eating in very much. Just a thought.




|||



Ooops... sorry, that was a typo. I meant that I did want to be near tourist attractions that we could all enjoy as a family (ie. attractions that would be interesting for both adults and children).




|||



I also wanted to mention that the 1 bedroom is a little bigger. It is 560 square feet vs 490 square feet for the one near Luxembourg Gardens.





I was interested in the 1st one because it has easy access to line #1 and #9 which would take us to the Louvre easily as well as Tuileries Gardens.




|||



I agree with those recommending #156. I think the Luxembourg Gardens are so much nicer for kids to play in than the Tuileries, and the area overall is just great. It%26#39;s too bad the apartment is not on the north end of the park. Then you would REALLY be easy walking distance to everything. But as it is you aren%26#39;t far from the center of things, and you could always use busses or the Metro to get home when everyone is just too worn out to walk. Busses 38, 21, and 27 travel right along the Blvd. St. Michel and go to many of the places you%26#39;ll want to go (Louvre, Notre Dame, Invalides, etc.), and it%26#39;s fun riding the bus because you can see out. If you buy a carnet of Metro tickets, you can use them on both the Metro and the bus equally, so you%26#39;ll have perfect flexibility. Here%26#39;s a link to the Paris bus map: http://www.paris.org/Metro/



Your children will truly adore the Luxembourg Gardens, with its carrousel, playground and more, and they may end up playing with French children there.




|||



No hesitation to me, the 6th arrondissement apartment is far better: for its location near the Luxembourg garden, because of its 2 bedrooms (personnaly I hate having to sleep on a sofa in the dining room!), the decor and furniture are better (looks more child friendly), so is the view from the windows (the 8th arrondissement apartment seems to look onto a tiny yard).




|||



Bad news... I was leaning towards ID#156 but just found out it has no elevator. Thanks to Mez3000 for pointing that out. I don%26#39;t know how I didn%26#39;t notice. This is a major problem since my kids will have a problem.





Anyone have any suggestions to other Vacation in Paris apartments to take a look at? I would prefer 2 bedrooms but am certainly willing to settle for a sofabed for the kids. I prefer it to be more than 500 sq. feet. Also would be nice to have a washer and dryer.





The search continues....




|||



I%26#39;d give them a call and see what is available. I just stayed in #56 Eifel Hideaway, it is on their 1st floor which is up a semi circular stairway. I don%26#39;t think a 5 %26amp; 7 year old would have any problems if they are careful. My parents in their 60%26#39;s did it just fine. It is one bedroom but it has 1 and 1/2 baths, the day bed in the living room has a trundle so may work for you. No washer or dryer though... Might be a little small for you but my impression is they%26#39;re all small... the extra bathroom was a definite bonus though!





The metro was a handy 1 - 1 1/2 blocks away (Ecole Militaire) and there were 2 - 3 grocery stores close by, one was about 50 feet from the end of our little %26quot;alley%26quot;.




|||



Take a look on this flat





http://glamourapartments.com/en/4you/?order=2

No comments:

Post a Comment