Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easyjet - restriction on carryon bag

I am booking a flight with easyjet from Paris to Venice and then from Venice to London. I have a bag I would like to carry onboard. My bag is slight larger than what easyjet allows (55x40x20). Does anybody know whether easyjet is pretty strict about carryon size? Will I be ok carry my bag on board?





thanks,




|||



You may want to go to Fodor%26#39;s and read the comments there, which indicate that Easyjet is very strict. If your bag is larger than the allowable dimensions - on any one side, it will not fit! And, be sure to include the wheels and handle in your measurements.





I met some ladies from Scotland on a bus in Paris one day who called it %26quot;Sleazyjet%26quot; and declared they were lucky to get on the plane with a bag large enough for %26quot;fresh knickers%26quot;.




|||



Thank you so much for the tips!




|||



I use Easyjet regularly on many routes and have never had problems with the carryon I usually bring over. Its size is more than the %26quot;official%26quot; size but noone has ever said anything. Easyjet is using normal jets that have the same ability to store luggage than any other company%26#39;s jets.



When possible, I also pay for their speedy boarding program and I%26#39;m glad that I%26#39;m able to do so.



When booking early, AirFrance or Alitalia are not so expensive. They allow more room for luggage and no supplement for registered luggage.




|||



Thanks for sharing your experience. My suitcase is at most 3cm longer than allowed size. It%26#39;d be much easier if I could carry it on, so I don%26#39;t have to wait to collect it upon arrival.





Do they actually measure a luggage upon checking in? I%26#39;ve always been able to take it onboard in the US. Hope it works in the Paris and Venice.




|||



I was on Easy Jet flights from Gatwick to Inverness and Edinburgh back to Gatwick last month, and saw all sorts of large carry ons being stowed on board. Nobody in those UK airports seemed to care much.





However, do not, repeat do not, check anything overweight (50 lbs I guess). I paid extra to take my golf bag in its cover with extra shoes, etc, and it was fine from LGW to INV. But from EDI to LGW, they charged me an additional 30 pounds ($60) for overweight!





I think they, like most airlines today, are looking for any additional charge they can justify.




|||



%26lt;%26lt;I think they, like most airlines today, are looking for any additional charge they can justify.%26gt;%26gt;





I think they are looking for ways to pay skyrocketing fuel costs. I%26#39;d rather they charge you for the extra weight than raise my ticket price...




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 07, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment