Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trip advisor - San Remo to Villa Rothschild by train and bus

Hi,



We are looking to get married in the city hall in San Remo and then go to Villa Ephrussi Rothschild for lunch. I can see reviews saying the train journey is very pretty along the coast and I think that some of our foreign guests would prefer to the train than try to navigate the roads. From another post I see we need to walk for 20 minutes from the station or take a bus. I however can%26#39;t find a train timetable or bus timetable online. The villa%26#39;s site also does include them. Would anyone have a link?



Thank you!








|||



Use reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en… otherwise I think you%26#39;d need to look up the San Remo-Ventimiglia trains on trenitalia.com and Ventimiglia-Beaulieu trains on the SNCF TER site.





The bus details for the Villa Ephrussi have been posted on tripadvisor a number of times if you use the search facility.





The restaurant at the Villa Ephrussi is beautifully situated, but quite small. If you%26#39;re expecting a lot of people to go with you, they might not all fit in and reservation will be essential.




|||



From an serious investigation (I%26#39;m only finding posts on trip advisor which either say this has been answered before or see the villa website which doesn%26#39;t have the info) I *THINK* that



I get the train to BEAULIEU-SUR-MER, timetable at: reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en… (Great site, Thank you!)



I get the 81 bus, stop name is: BEAULIEU-SUR-MER - Marinoni / Joffre



guessed from this map: lignedazur.com/ftp/…2068prot.pdf



The 81 bus timetable is at:



www.lignedazur.com/horaires_ligne/index.asp…



or



http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2081%20(au%2005%2007%2008).pdf





If this is wrong let me (and others who search and find this post) know!





Busy waiting to reserve us to have lunch. Fingers crossed.




|||



Looks right to me, having checked your bus links. Maybe I ought to warn you that neither the Italian nor the French trains always run exactly to time. I rarely use the buses, so I can%26#39;t say about them.





Hope you have a very successful and enjoyable day!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment