Sunday, April 15, 2012

SNCF website, printed one of two sets of tickets, Help

Today I used Morgan B%26#39;s TripAdvisor guide to booking train tickets va the SNCF Voyages website. The guide is very specific and helpful. But perhaps in a fit of ambition or overconfidnece, I tried to book and print two separate journeys. First Nice to Avignon, and on a later date Avignon to Paris. Using the guide I was able to locate PREM fares, and elected to %26quot;print the tickets at home%26quot;. The first set (3 individual tickets Nice-Avignon) downloaded and printed as advertised, but then would not allow me to loop back to print the second set, and gave me a message about %26quot;technical errors%26quot;. I feel certain both sets have been charged to my credit card. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get to the point where I can print the second set, without a duplicate chage on my card?






|||



Oops! I panicked to soon. SNCF sent me a purchase confirmation email, with a link to my unprinted tickets. Smooth.





And thanks Morgan B for some very helpful instructions. I urge evryone contemplating train travel in France to read %26quot;Bookin on SNCF%26quot; topic.




|||



Yep, that is what I read in the French FAQs on the site. You can also print them by clicking %26quot;Gerer mes commandes%26quot; under the TRAIN menu on the main page.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment