Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paris Advice?

Hiya,





Just after some help really,





I%26#39;m going to Paris with my boyfriend next month, flying in to CDG and staying for 5 days, 4 nights.





We%26#39;d like to go to Disneyland for 2 days and then venture round Paris for 2 days.





We were thinking, what is the cheapest/best options if anyone knows.





With regards transfers, accomadation etc, would it be easier to stay in a hotel in the centre of Paris or stay closer to the Disneyland hotel?





I%26#39;d love to stay in the Disney hotels but unfortunately they%26#39;re out of my price range.





Any help on any of those things would be great, i%26#39;d really appreciate it.





Natalie




|||



There must be somebody who can help? :)




|||



Hi Disney is very easy to get to from central paris - less than hour journey - and trains run quite regularly - Paris Disney is one park with a combination of the most popular disney attractions in their four parks in US - my daughter (13)and I will regularly go to disney when in Paris but just for one day - you can do it in one day if you are organised leaving you to enjoy all the wonderful experiences Paris has to offer for a couple visiting Paris for first time.




|||



There are several hotels across from the RER station at Bussy-St Georges, which is about 2-3 stops before you reach the Disney stop. You can open a Google map for %26#39;Bussy St Georges France%26#39;, then search for %26#39;hotel%26#39;. Then check TA reviews.





(We didnt stay at any hotels, just got off to play golf at the course there).




|||



Where you stay depends on how you view the holiday. Is it a trip to Paris with a side trip to Disney? OR is it a trip to Disney with a side trip to Paris?





Whichever is the main purpose of your visit - that%26#39;s where to stay in my opinion: personally I%26#39;d always opt to stay in Paris proper, but I%26#39;m not a theme park person. Been there, done that, got the T shirt and the memories, but I%26#39;ve grown up now........





You can get some great bargains in Paris - do a search for budget hotels in the white box above. For a first visit I%26#39;d look for something central - that will be post codes 75001 to 75006.(the higher the post code the further out from the centre).





Have fun.




|||



I agree that limiting Disneyland to one day would be a good plan. Stay in Paris as described above.





If you are really into theme parks, then how about Disneyland one day and Asterix another day? I don%26#39;t know but for me Paris is the attraction. I%26#39;ve been to Disneyland but truthfully I didn%26#39;t think it was very much fun. I think it is more fun for kids ages 7-12 or so. You might love it but I think that if you have been to one amusement park you have been to them all. I used to live in California and for me Universal Studios (they do little shows with animals, etc. and a couple of amazing rides that you wait in line forever for) was way more fun than Disneyland. I know you don%26#39;t have Universal Studios and I am sorry to say that I don%26#39;t know where Exeter is.





What do you want to do in Paris which you think you would enjoy?




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment