Saturday, April 21, 2012

Help Me Solve a Mystery

Hi mes amies! (did I say that right?)





Here%26#39;s my mystery: You know how you have all of those little pieces of paper on your desk with little notes scribbled on them? Well, I decided to gather them up, look through them and clean them off my desk!





I came across one with the name of a French restaurant that I%26#39;d written down: La Cave de L%26#39;Os à Moelle. It%26#39;s in the 15th. I wrote nothing more down about it. I googled it to see if it had anything really interesting that would have prompted me to make a note of it but couldn%26#39;t find anything.





Do any of you know anything about this establishment? Is it one I may want to add to my list of unique places?





Thanks, all! Hope you%26#39;re all having a good summer. It%26#39;s hot as you know where here in Florida!





Vicki




|||



It%26#39;s easy enough to find on google, the only thing is, any posts are at least three years old. Maybe I didn%26#39;t look long enough. I don%26#39;t know if it%26#39;s still open. I remember hearing good things about it, but have never been there.





whitings-writings.com/bistro_reviews/moelle.…




|||



This is a very unusual place for Paris. Definitely unique! There%26#39;s a prix fixe offering (limited choices) for a bargain price (€20 last we were there). It%26#39;s %26quot;serve yourself%26quot; soup, main course, dessert table, with dining at communal tables. There%26#39;s a bread basket for the table, along with a %26quot;pass around%26quot; appetizer (terrine when we were there). Bottles of wines are on display on the stone walls (%26quot;La Cave%26quot;) for selecting (with little or no mark-up). It%26#39;s good to know how things work before you arrive, or you%26#39;d be lost in the commotion...The food was wonderful.





When we were there, you could also buy a packed picnic hamper and/or rent a bicycle! (We didn%26#39;t do this.) I don%26#39;t remember the exact price of the picnic, but it looked terrific for a low price.





It%26#39;s located in the 15th (right on bus route 42 or by Metro Lourmel) close to Parc Andre Citroen and the Seine. Might be fun to pick up a picnic basket, and go on a hot air balloon ride from the park, or just bicycle along the river.





http://www.ballondeparis.com/fr/infopratique





We could see the balloon every day from the balcony of our apartment in the 7th.




|||



It is listed in PagesJaunes...



181 rue Lourmel Tel: 01 45 57 28 28




|||



Thanks so much! I knew that I had written down the name and address for a reason, but then couldn%26#39;t figure out why! This certainly answers my question.





How in the world do people plan trips without TA?





I love you guys!!!





Vicki




|||



Just so people know about the hot air balloon at parc Citroen: It stays tethered. It goes up as high as about a 6-story building. It only costs about 10E or so. It goes up if the weather conditions are good. There is a telephone number to call to check the conditions.





I%26#39;m thinking this would be fun for kids but may not be much of a thrill for adults. I went to Parc Citroen on my last trip and considered going up in that balloon. I decided it just wasn%26#39;t exciting enough.





I just wanted you to have a little more information to make your decision.




|||



Thanks, ILWP! I wonder how long you stay up? Long enough for a picnic lunch from La Cave de L%26#39;Os a Moelle, I wonder? How cool would that be!!!!





Vicki




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment