Thursday, April 12, 2012

Train from paris to Avignon

Great info about SNCF out there but I am still confused about 1 thing-the printing of my tickets. If I book on SNCF and there are no PREM available-how do I get my tickets-can I pick them up or do they have to get mailed to me?





I am going from Paris (Gare Lyon) to Avignon TGV and returning from Avignon to paris CDG. At this time there are PREM only available 1 way. I assme I will make 2 different reservations-print the PREM at home and pick the others up when I get to Paris. Please confirm I am doing this correctly.





Thanks so much!!




|||



I%26#39;m not sure whether you can print any of them, if you can%26#39;t print them all and it%26#39;s booked round-trip (%26quot;return%26quot; for our European friends).





If you can%26#39;t print (or, for the part you can%26#39;t print), you can pay when you make the reservation and pick them up either at the station or at an SNCF boutique (there are many) in advance of your trip. You won%26#39;t be able to get them from a machine (won%26#39;t take N. American credit cards) but you can take the confirmation e-mail and the SAME (very important!) credit card that was used to pay to a ticket window and the clerk will print (I%26#39;ve done this). Also, try playing with slightly different departure times, etc. to see whether a %26quot;prem%26quot; pops up.




|||



In the last year I have not seen the Print Option available for on line purchases and buying on line has become more and more difficult as US based banks seem very reluctant to approve transactions through the SNCF website.





Picking up pre paid tickets at any SNCF ticket window is very easy but BT%26#39;s point is very important - make sure you have in your possession the same credit card with which the online purchase was originally made.




|||



I printed tickets just a couple of months ago, but it does seem to be the case that only %26quot;prem%26quot; fare tickets can be printed at home.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment