Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Visit the Louvre during the Tour de France Finale?

I%26#39;m not a huge bicycle fan. I do want to see a bit of the finale, but not much. It sounds like the Louvre is generally busy on Sundays, but I%26#39;m thinking that it MAY not be so busy on the Tour de France finale since most people will be outside watching the event. I was thinking about visiting the Louvre all day, coming out for a fiew hours to watch it from the Place de la Concorde. What do you think about this?





I know much has been written about the Tour de France on this forum--645 pages at the time of this post. I did not read all of the posts, but most of the ones I read talk about where to view the finale. What I want to know is what is good to do on that day, RATHER than watching the finale. In particular, the Louvre.





Also, do you think that doing the Champs Elysees walk around 10:00 am would be crazy? I read somewhere that since the street is closed for the event, it is one of the few times you can take a photo without any cars on the street.




|||



Any thoughts on this one???




|||



Hate to sound ignorant, but... when is the Tour de France finale?




|||



July 27, 2008 as far as I understand.




|||



I am married to a cycle junky so we will be at Place de Concorde with everyone else. This is my first July in Paris but it seems that going to the Louvre will be a good idea. Lots of buses might have trouble getting there so the tourist count might be low. Take the metro that day, the streets I hear are out of control.



I wouldn%26#39;t plan on being anywhere close to Champs Elysees on that day. Between the streets blocked, media vans and the support vehicles for the cyclists, I would go early the day before or wait until Monday afternoon.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment