Friday, March 23, 2012

Eurostar from Paris to London.

I need some help! My son is on a trip with the Navy and will be and will arrive in Toulon, France next week and then be on his own for a few weeks. He did not have time to plan for this trip since it came on suddenly. He wants me to get him a Eurostar ticket from Toulon to Paris and then from Paris to London. I checked the Eurostar website and saw that there is youth Flexi voucher. But this does not make a reservation, so I am wondering what is the purpose of it. Once I know his exact dates of travel, can I make the reservation for him and have the ticket get to him via email? Once I purchase the ticket, can the dates or times be changed? What is the best website to use for booking? When he gets to Toulon, can he book it from there himself(if so where?) or might it be sold out? Thank you for any assistance you can give me.




|||



I am definitely not a wiz on this subject except that I recently bought tickets on eurostar.com for a Paris-London daytrip in November. BUT...If you buy tickets online, it is impossible to pick them up without presenting the credit card the tickets were purchased with. I don%26#39;t know how to get around that, unless your son has a credit card and you use that info to purchase the tickets. I%26#39;m sorry, but I can%26#39;t answer the rest of your questions. Someone will come along who knows. Meantime, why don%26#39;t you look on eurostar.com and see if your questions are answered there.




|||



I have just got back from a paris trip on eurostar and booked our tickets online. When we were leaving for paris the ticket machine failed to print our tickerts but the ticket office just needed to see the reference we printed out from the booking and my passport to issue me with them




|||



Your son will have to take the TGV from Toulon to Paris Gare de Lyon and then go to Gare du Nord to take the Eurostar to London so he needs to take that trip between the two stations into account.





TGV is booked on www.SNCF.fr and MorganB, a Destination Expert for Paris, has a famous thread on how to navigate that site. It has changed in the last 12 months and I find it hard to work out so maybe check more recent posts on his thread.





http://tinyurl.com/5op2fb





Eurostar is sold separately as indicated by others in the earlier posts.






|||



Thank you all for the information. My son has the same credit card as I have so that will not be a problem. I still have a question... Can I book him an open date ticket on the Eurostar from Paris to London? It looks like the charge is $140 now but can go more than $300. There is an option for buying a youth voucher which is stated to not be a reservation. Does that just hold the price? If I book him for a date that he cannot make, can he change the date? He is in a submarine right now and cannot communicate to me the date he will need the ticket. Thank you again for any assistance.




|||



If you want to buy a ticket with which you are able to change the date you will need to buy a %26#39;fully flexible%26#39;



ticket which will be considerably more expensive than a %26#39;standard%26#39; ticket. Since the price of %26#39;standard %26#39; tickets vary with the day and time of travel you have to be quite specific and will get a seat reservation for a particular train.




|||



I don%26#39;t want to be sued if I am wrong but I suspect your son will be able to get a reasonable price on a TGV from Toulon to Paris on the day but Eurostar tickets get very expensive generally closer to the day. Why not see if he can stay a night in Paris so he can have flexibility in timing of trips from Toulon to Paris and then a pre booked afternoon trip on Eurostar the next day to London?




|||



Thanks for the information everyone. Faux... You are correct with your information. My problem is that I have no idea if he wants to stay in Paris for a few days and then go to London. I won%26#39;t know until his sub surfaces and some of his emails can be trasmitted. If he has to do a last minute Eurostar to London, it may be cheaper but lest convenient to fly.




|||



I have read that easyjet is a cheaper than most option for flying from Paris to London and I think it flies from Orly which is easily accessible from Paris by RER and OrlyVal, not Beauvais where Ryanair flies from, which is way out of Paris and a pain to get to. The cheap airlines have lower baggage allowances and you pay for every kilo in excess of the limit.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 01, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment