Friday, March 23, 2012

In room safe?

Our hotel Citadine has an in room safe. How secure you think it is for storing valuable like credit cards passport and jewelry?




|||



You%26#39;ll probably get some disagreement on this topic! I think hotel room safes are fine for leaving behind valuable things you don%26#39;t want to carry around (passports, credit cards, extra cash, etc.) I wouldn%26#39;t bring a lot of valuable jewelry with me if I were you. I usually wear my wedding/engagement ring, and have one set of jewelry that I wear every day, none of it super expensive.





Keep in mind that the hotel is able to open your safe. In general, I think it%26#39;s rare that anyone will open it and it will keep your belongings secure from the odd thief wandering the halls while the rooms are cleaned. I expect you%26#39;ll hear from both sides on this, but I use safes in hotel rooms regularly and haven%26#39;t had any trouble.




|||



My experience and advice is the same as RedSavage. It is generally considered a good idea to leave expensive jewelry at home when traveling anyway. I am generalizing here. You%26#39;ll certainly find people who disagree. I just think it%26#39;s a common sense sort of thing. Why do you want to have to think about the safety of your jewelry while you%26#39;re on vacation, you know? Wear a few simple pieces that you can keep on you all the time.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 02, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment