Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Europcar at Nimes airport - warning

We recently returned a Europcar car at Nimes airport (Friday October 4th). As the desk didn%26#39;t open until noon, and our Ryanair flight to Liverpool left at 12.20, we had to drop off the key in the box provided.





We have just had an invoice for an extra day (25 euros plus tax) because they didn%26#39;t get round to registering the car as returned until 9am the next day.





When I attempted to raise this issue on their UK web site using the %26quot;talk to us%26quot; page, I got a server internal error which is reproducible over a period of several hours. I have since found a way of emailing them on their French web site. Wish me luck!




|||



Just phone them 0845 758 5375





I have had similar problems with Hertz and Avis and both were resolved within 2 minutes of making a phone call.




|||



Many thanks for the number. I%26#39;ll first give the French people a chance to reply since I%26#39;ve already emailed them. It would be impolite to phone at this point.




|||



I have had a reply from Europcar asking me to take up this matter with Holiday Autos with whom I made the booking. I will advise on the outcome.




|||



We had the same problem with them a few years back when returning a car to one of their Paris offices. As the bill was being paid up by the AA (we had experienced a breakdown and they were our insurers) we thought the matter would be resolved between them. Unfortunately when we tried to book a car through Europcar the following year we discovered we had been black balled and our booking was refused. We have never used them again.




|||



An update. Holiday Autos sent me a confirmation that they had received my complaint. A couple of days later I received a similar confirmation from lastminute.com (I wasn%26#39;t aware of the connection; do they own Holiday Autos?). Then a refund of the disputed amount suddenly appeared on my credit card. Thanks to currency fluctuations I have made a profit of 7p. :-)





However I haven%26#39;t heard anything from either Europcar, Holiday Autos or lastminute since I let both lastminute and Holiday Autos know that the issue had been resolved. PR doesn%26#39;t appear to be one of their strong points.





One other point was that when I checked my original voucher, Europcar at Nimes Airport was stated to open at 11am. In fact the opening time at the airport was stated to be 12 am - so presumably everybody who boarded that flight (12.20 Ryanair to Liverpool) and needed to return a Europcar rental would have been in the same position. There must have been several, as there were long queues to collect cars on our arrival.





My advice would be to check when you arrive that the car rental desk will actually be open at the time you agreed to check the vehicle back in, and if not, make it clear that you expect the vehicle to be checked in on the date it was returned.




|||



Hi





I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll hear anything from Europcar at Nimes airport for a while.





The airport is closed for a month whilst the runway is resurfaced. Should re-open 16 November.





Peter




|||



I am in the middle (10.7.08) of another dispute with Europcar at Nimes airport.





Having been told that our car had a full tank of fuel, and should be returned the same way,we discovered that in fact it was only half-full. I informed Europcar staff of this immediately and they made a note of it. I returned the car the following week with exactly the same amount of fuel, reminded the staff that there had been only half a tank and was assured that this had been recorded.





4 days later we were billed 37 euros for fuel, taken directly from my credit card account. The invoice had no contact details whatsoever (is this legal?) and I could get no answer from the Nimes Europcar telephone number. After going around in circles looking for ways to contact Europcar (they don%26#39;t make it easy!), I eventually e-mailed their invoicing department, who have forwarded it on to their customer services department (I still haven%26#39;t found a contact address for them!), from whom I%26#39;m still awaiting a reply 1-week on. Watch this space.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment