Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Marriott Courtyard-Neurilly Sur Seine

My wife and 2 children (ages 16 %26amp; 14) are planning a trip to Paris and I was planning on using my Marriott rewards points and staying at the Marriott Courtyard in Neurilly Sur Seine (Victor Hug Blvd).





Has anyone stayed there, how s the neighborhood, is it centrally located? I will have to apy an additional 56 Euro/night on top of my points. Is this worth staying there?





Thanks!




|||



I have stayed at this Courtyard (also using points) 3 to 4 times but haven%26#39;t been there for about 4 years as I am now staying at the Marriott Timeshare near DLP which I %26quot;own%26quot;.



I liked the Courtyard but it is not located centrally. It is about a 10 minute walk to the nearest Metro (line 3 - Anatole France) and a bit of a ride to the central part of town, but I didn%26#39;t mind this at all - I enjoyed walking through the area as it is quite lovely. I did love the neighborhood as it is not in a tourist part of town. I would consider it an upscale neighborhood that has some small restaurants, cafes, boulangeries, etc within walking distance.



If the 56 extra Euros are for an upgraded room, it is worth it. As I recall the standard room is small - OK for 2 people but for 4 way too small. I would certainly use my points to stay here again. I know how difficult it is to use points at the more centrally located Marriott properties.



If you use the search function in this forum citing Courtyard Neuilly-Sur-Seine you will find several posts - many are from people who think it is virtually sacrilegious to stay so far away from central Paris. All I can say is I LOVED it and the price (ha ha) was right!




|||



Highly recommend that you read the reviews of this hotel here on TripAdvisor from those who have stayed there...




|||



I don%26#39;t know about this hotel specifically but Neuilly-sur-Seine is really lovely.





I know it fairly well as one of my best friends lives there and although it%26#39;s not considered to be %26#39;central%26#39;, it%26#39;s still very easy to get to the centre quickly.





It%26#39;s a very affluent neighbourhood with lots of lovely shops, cafes, restaurants, a nice market and you really get a sense of what it%26#39;s like to live there as there are very few tourists.





A quick hop on the metro and you%26#39;re in town in a couple of stops, or you could choose to meander slowly towards the Arc de Triomphe etc stopping off at shops + cafes along the way.





L




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment