Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mom and a teenager in Paris

Hi all,



I am visiting paris for the first time for a week by the end of August.



we are staying the last two night in Kiryad hotel in disneyland. what is the best way to spend the first five nights in paris.



any hotel suggestions in a safe neigborhood. is Metero safe at night ??



what places toa void?? I know I have many questions but being all alone is kinda scary :)




|||



I actually think being alone is safer because you%26#39;re less distracted. You are not alone, you%26#39;re with your teenager, so you really need to pay attention to your surroundings....





Being from Cairo you are probably well aware of the precautions you need to take to secure your valuables. That%26#39;s probably the only issue you%26#39;re going to encounter in Paris - potential for petty thievery and scams. Yes, there have been strange reports here of people being attacked, but I think they%26#39;ve been exaggerated. Chances of physical violence are pretty slim.





As a woman traveling alone, I like staying in the Marais, because there are people on the streets late into the night and it isnt deserted. Its also a very historical neighborhood, there are cheaper hotel options, and I love the mix of people there.




|||



I went to Paris last year with my teenage daughter for 5 days.



She was 15 then, I never once felt nervous anywhere we went and we stayed out late a couple of nights and travelled the Metro.



I agree with the other poster, the Marais is usualy the busiest area.



I actually think you%26#39;ll be fine wherever you decide to stay.



Enjoy your time in Paris.




|||



thank you so much for the prompt reply. another question please



any sugggested hotels in Marias area ? how close is that from Paris atractions ??




|||



Start with this web site, check the TA reviews. They have a link to some 2 star and budget hotels. Stay away from those under rehab.





They also have a link to some of the local restaurants, and they have some useful information.





parismarais.com/3-star-hotels-in-le-marais-p…




|||



I can%26#39;t recommend hotels in Marais (not stayed in any) but you%26#39;ll be sooo close to lots of things to see - Notre Dame, Pompideou centre, Lourve, Place de Vogeses. I find Paris very safe. Just be aware as you would be any big town. Have fun!




|||



I also visit Paris alone and find it very safe, even at night on the Metro. Again, you won%26#39;t be alone. You will be with your daughter.





Read up on this site about the various scams (ring, bracelet, etc.) where beggars try to talk you out of your money. Keep your money well hidden from pickpockets (Paris has its share of these because of all of the tourists carrying money). However, none of these people are out to hurt you--just get your money. So use the %26quot;search%26quot; feature on the top of this Forum and learn about the %26quot;scams.%26quot;





Otherwise, don%26#39;t worry about your safety. Just have a good time.




|||



My daughter and I have been travelling to Paris regularly on our own since she was 4 years old (she is now 13) and never have I felt intimidated or unsafe. I%26#39;ve stayed in various hotels in central Paris but found a very nice one on my last visit which I will go to again. I chose this because I had taken my mother with me and as she has been unwell wanted something that was within easy reach of all attractions - The New Hotel Roblin - I%26#39;ve done a review on it (I think in Feb??) if you want to check it out - hope it helps




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 06, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment